Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Bees
I walk to work every morning, and I really enjoy it. It lets me notice things about my neighborhood that I might otherwise miss. For example, the bees! Every day, I pass these large bushes near the entrance to a cul-de-sac and right now they are in bloom with lovely purple flowers. One day I noticed they were covered in bees! I had just recently heard a report on Science Friday about how bees are amazing and interesting and really not aggressive, so I stopped and watched the bees. Now I stop and watch them every day. There are at least two kinds of bees on these purple bushes, one is a typical bee and the other is a little bigger and fuzzier. It was really hard to get a picture of bee #2 because they are also much more active and don't sit still! I should also get a picture of the whole bush, but for now, courtesy of the macro feature on my camera:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment